5 Ways To Become A More Confident Real Estate Investor.
The key is confidence...
Confidence is the key to becoming a successful real estate investor. This includes negotiating deals, giving a killer Joint venture presentation, raising capital, and building your "POWER TEAM" of real estate professionals, just to name a few. Think about it, would you want to invest with someone that was not confident ? People only want to listen to presenters who sound like they know what they're talking about, and investors only want to invest in companies run by competent leaders.
Confidence is not necessarily something we are all born with, but definitely something everyone can obtain. I had very little confidence in my real estate ability when I was younger, but through various stressful experiences and interactions, I was able to gain more and more confidence in myself. Here are a few tips to help you come off as confident, even if you aren’t...yet.
1) Dress For Success. People who are insecure often worry about “over-dressing,” while confident people never fear such a thing. You need to understand that dressing sharp is a way to project confidence. Confident real estate investors are not concerned if people think they’re trying too hard. You should always strive to be one of the best dressed people in the room. Wear clothes that reflect maturity and style. But be sure to learn the difference between dressing sharp and dressing flashy.
2)Clear Effective Communication. The ability to communicate clearly is a sign of confidence. If you are doing it correctly, then you shouldn’t have to repeat yourself often. Do not ramble. This only makes you sound unsure of yourself. While you should do your best to expand your vocabulary and understanding of the English language you should also become more selective about which words you use.
3)Body Language Speaks Louder Than You Do. Many times your body language can say more about your level of confidence than any other form of communication. Always make eye contact; not looking someone in the eye shows insecurity. Walk confidently and maintain good posture. Give firm handshakes and tight hugs. Lastly and most importantly, smile. The way you literally carry yourself can exponentially increase how much confidence you project.
4)Don't show your inexperience. Never let your inexperience show, even when you are new to real estate investing. The first time you get to do a deal, act like you've been there before. When a client asks if you can deliver on something you don’t exactly know how to do, say you can deliver and learn how. There is nothing wrong with a little "fake it till you make it." or if you prefer "FAITH it till you make it". This goes back to believing in yourself. You should also surround yourself with others that have the experience so that you can learn from them. If your new to real estate your first investment should be in your education... NOT property. Join real estate groups, invest in real estate courses, and hire a real estate coach.
5) Be Humble. Arrogant people brag excessively. Confident people do it just enough, and they do it humbly. If you have an accomplishment that you want to mention in a conversation, ask a leading question that will introduce the topic. You want to talk about your awesome investment strategy? Ask the person of interest if they own any investment property so that they can ask you the question in return. At that point it's not bragging, you are simply answering questions.
Until next time always remember
" The More You C.A.R.E. The Less You Work"
Your real estate-based wealth coach,
P.s Whenever you are ready here are a few ways I can help you earn more money, create more freedom, and scale your real estate business
1. Join the C.A.R.E. community and connect with other real estate investors that are taking massive action. It's our new Facebook community where smart real estate investors connect, learn, and grow! Grow your wealth, Freedom, Impact, & portfolio! CLICK HERE to join today.
2. Watch this FREE training video. In this video you will discover the 2 key areas you need to work on in order to create financial independence as a real estate investor. CLICK HERE NOW to watch this video.
3. Work with me and my team privately. If you would like me to help you avoid costly mistakes and grow your real state business so that you can have the finances and time to fund your desired life let's chat. CLICK HERE to grab a complimentary strategy session. This way we can chat and get to know each other better. This is not a sales call I do NOT work with everyone. I want to see if we are a good fit and help you. If you decide you want to continue to work with me and you meet my criteria we can explore what that may look like. Because I am actively running my real estate businesses and value my free time I only work privately with a small select few every year. BOOK YOUR SESSION HERE.