Updated: Jan 14, 2019
Are you tired of getting in your own way? Would you agree that if you want to get to the gym by 6 am, you can't stay glued to the TV until 2 am. The same is true if you want to get out and market your real estate investing business. It’s probably a good idea to skip beers with your buddies. Yet still, many people find themselves making decisions that don't support their goals or intentions.
Achieving success in areas where we tend to self-sabotage is harder than simply finding a new program to follow. Let’s start by understanding why you do what you do, from a scientific perspective.
First, behaviors are driven by your thoughts and emotions. Let’s say you want to start reading that new real estate investing book you keep putting off but you keep watching TV anyways. The choice to watch TV is based on your thoughts and emotions. Your hand does not reach for the remote control on its own accord. It does not have its own brain which makes it move without your permission.
You might have a core belief that contradicts to your goal. By design, core beliefs are held in the subconscious mind just outside of your conscious awareness. They act as blueprint instructions that determine your choices.
Let’s say you have a goal to improve your real estate business. Yet, overwhelmed with learning challenges, you have the belief that you are not smart enough to accomplish what you want. These beliefs subconsciously override any desires to go for what you want. You may find you are good at the start, but doubt kicks in and you decide this is just too hard and not worth the effort. Subconsciously you have already decided you are going to fail so you consciously choose not to follow through.
Given these beliefs are out of conscious awareness most people never examine them. Therefore, every time you unknowingly repeat them, you strengthen them. This is how habits are solidified.
In order to change subconscious patterns, it's helpful to understand two basic rules of human behavior.
1. There must be a positive intention motivating all behaviors.
2. The subconscious mind will go to any length to protect you and what you believe.
Here are 5 steps you can use to Change Your Subconscious Beliefs
1. Identify your core subconscious beliefs by taking an honest look at yourself and the predominate patterns or habits you hold.
You might have a pattern of overeating, avoiding the gym, or procrastinating. Anytime a pattern of self-sabotage is present, the subconscious is involved. By identifying your patterns, you bring these subconscious pathways to the surface so they can be consciously observed and changed.
2. Identify the perceived purpose or positive intention of the belief in your pattern.
What purpose or positive intention does this belief serve? The positive intention behind procrastinating could be because you’re tired before and failed so doing nothing might feel like the remedy for your feelings.
3. Feel and release any emotion that you become aware of related to these beliefs.
Given that emotions are the primary language of your subconscious mind, as you bring your patterns into conscious awareness, you have an opportunity to express the energy of emotion stored there. Emotions are the glue holding you to your past experiences and patterns.
4. Identify alternate ways to meet this positive intention given your life and resources today.
Your brain will go right back to the old way if you don’t have something that satisfies this perceived intention. Hire a coach, find a mentor, spend more time with good friends, read a great real estate book or identify other sources of pleasure and reward.
5. Identify healthier beliefs regarding this area of your life and practice them.
For example, if you tend to be lazy, when it comes to building your real state portfolio you could tell yourself:
I do the perfect amount of real estate related tasks in the day given the time I have.
I keep busy enough to feed my mind, body and spirit.
I have a healthy understanding of my work habits.
Once you consciously make yourself aware of these inadequacies, your mind body and spirit will start to lead you in the right direction. As real estate investors and business owners we get so focused on the transnational parts of real estate and we forget about our internal beliefs.
Your outer world is a direct result of your inner world. As a real estate based wealth coach I see this recurring theme...
Most of my coaching clients have read the books, joined the net working group, bought the online real estate course, and googled everything... Yet they still struggle and that is what lead them to me...
Once we begin to uncover the self defeating habits and hidden beliefs that is when you can begin to work on deleting the old patterns and installing new more empowering beliefs an habits. Many times you can not do this on your own and that is why all successful business owners, investors, and entrepreneurs seek out a great coach.
Until next time always remember " The More You C.A.R.E. The More You Earn"
Your real estate-based wealth coach,
Jeff - Inner World - Woods
P.s Whenever you are ready here are a few ways I can help you earn more money, create more freedom, and scale your real estate business
1. Join the C.A.R.E. community and connect with other real estate investors that are taking massive action. It's our new Facebook community where smart real estate investors connect, learn, and grow! (Grow wealth, Freedom, Impact, portfolio ) CLICK HERE to join today.
2. Watch this FREE training video. In this video you will discover the 2 key areas you need to work on in order to create financial independence as a real estate investor. CLICK HERE NOW to watch this video.
3. Work with me and my team privately. If you would like me to help you avoid costly mistakes and grow your real state business so that you can have the finances and time to fund your desired life let's chat. CLICK HERE to grab a complimentary strategy session. This way we can chat and get to know each other better. This is not a sales call I do NOT work with everyone. I want to see if we are a good fit and help you. If you decide you want to continue to work with me and you meet my criteria we can explore what that may look like. Because I am actively running my real estate businesses and value my free time I only work privately with a small select few every year. BOOK YOUR SESSION HERE.